Friday, October 28, 2011

I dig my Scott Evest button-down shirt but...

I ordered the really cool blueberry pinstripe button down shirt from Scott Evest and I really like it. I've worn it twice already and I plan to get more.  The fit and finish is very professional.  My only beef was the logo that is printed on the sleeve cuff, not something I like seeing on a dress shirt I'm wearing to a business meeting.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way.  I got an email from the company saying that they were rethinking the branding on this piece.

I love the shirt and I'm sure it will be in heavy rotation, but there are a couple of nits.  One, is that it may not make sense as travel clothing.  It's one thing to have a jacket with a bunch of pockets when flying that I can put on the belt when I walk through TSA screening.  It's another thing to have my shirt pockets loaded up with goodies. I can't exactly take off my shirt.  Another thing is that while it's machine washable, it didn't come out of the dryer ready to wear. Even after ironing, it doesn't look like the shirts I typically wear to work.  So, this week I took it to the cleaners.  They say they'll have to treat it like a dry clean shirt because the extra pockets and such.  So, there are some peculiarities to getting into the business wear market that differ a bit from the athletic and travel wear.

Still, I love the shirt, and I've become a Scott Evest junkie.  Time to put on my essential travel jacket and get some lunch!

No comments:

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I? My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts ...