Monday, April 21, 2008

Sierra Wireless working with Linux

Not that this is news, but it is new to me. I just tried using my Ubuntu Q1 with my Sierra Wireless 875U Aircard USB modem. When I plugged it in, nothing happened. No "We found new hardware dialogue", nothing. So, I went to the Google Machine and typed in "Sierra 875U Linux" and got a link to this helpful tutorial

I installed a program called KPPP and followed the instructions for configuring the modem. A few minutes later, I was connected. I still am. I'm using it to write this post.

1 comment:

@labanjohnson said...

What kind of download speeds are you seeing with your Sierra Wireless Aircard on Linux? I did the same configuration, it seems to be a bit slower than I remember on Windows. Thanks

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I? My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts ...