Thursday, January 23, 2014

Apple Cinema Display Meet Microsoft Surface Pro

Even though my Microsoft Surface Pro tablet has a mini display port, I couldn't get the diminutive windows wonder to power my 27" Apple Cinema Display (the LED version before Thunderbolt).  Fortunately, I found an economical way to get things working.  The key to success was finding the Kanex-SnapX-2x-Switcher-Mac on Amazon for about $55.  This device is intended to permit sharing of the display between two Apple computers, but it works great with one or two non-Apple devices plugged into it as well.  I've successfully used both my Surface Pro and a Samsung Chromebook Series 550 with the addition of a display port to mini display port adapter.  Not the most elegant solution, maybe, but it is a workable solution that won't cost you a lot of dough.


No comments:

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I? My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts ...