Saturday, May 13, 2023

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I?

My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts that say I know I haven't been here in a while but I'm going to do better now.  Ironically, those are often the most recent posts on those blogs.  It doesn't stick.  I will make no such promises. 

I'm watching Game 6 of the Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken.  This game is nearly over and I suspect Seattle has got this.  They will at least be going back to Dallas for Game 7. I hope the Stars can get back into this. I'm not ready for Hockey to be over.

Earlier this week, I took the SIM out of my iPhone 12 Mini and put it into a Cingular Flip IV flip phone to experiment with digital minimalism.  There are lots of good resources about using feature phones or special phones like the Light Phone to stop the endless death scrolling that sucks your time and attention.  Jose Briones is a great resource on this topic and he runs a dumbphone finder to help people find a feature phone that meets their needs. This got a lot more difficult on AT&T network when AT&T shut down its 3G network and implemented severe restrictions on the phones that will work on its network.  I didn't mind using the Cingular Flip with its T9 keypad, but the last straw was when my wife and I were driving around in my SUV and the entertainment center kept crashing and rebooting.  I Googled and experimented with different problem-solving on why the radio was crashing. It occurred to me that I had connected the flip phone to my car's bluetooth only yesterday afternoon, so I decided to try turning off the bluetooth on my phone.  Problem solved. SIM is now back in the iPhone. Experiment over.


No comments:

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I? My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts ...