Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wife Fondles Bold Stays True to Curve

When my wife purchased her Blackberry Curve at the AT&T store last week, the helpful rep put us on a call list for the Blackberry Bold.  Yesterday, the store called and said they had put a Bold aside for us.  I went with my wife to the store today to check out the newest Blackberry.  Hugh Malo, the store manager, was extremely helpful and patient with us.  I've thoroughly appreciated the excellent customer service that I received from him in purchasing and setting up my wife's new phone.  

So, today we go back to the store and get hands on with the Bold.  You've no doubt seen the reviews of this phone on various websites. It is a stunning new Blackberry.  It has 3G network and WiFi, plus a beautiful screen and an updated OS.  The screen is bright and crisp. Colors pop. Text is very readable. Were it me, I would have traded the Curve for the Bold in a hearbeat.

I was not surprised to hear my wife, who is infinitely more rational than me when it comes to electronics, say "no, thanks."  She likes the smaller size and lighter weight of the Curve.  She likes that her Curve is red.  She has learned to use the menus and didn't want to learn a new UI.  She knows that she won't spend the time that I spend surfing the net on a phone when there are usually web-connected computers around.  She did comment that she wished her phone had the brighter screen but that wasn't compelling enough for her to spend an extra $200 to exchange the Curve for the Bold.  

It is interesting to observe another person making a technology buying decision that doesn't affect me.  I enjoyed listening to her comments as she watched the demo from the sales rep and then checked out the phone herself.  I wanted her to see the latest offering from Blackberry since she was committing to a new 2-year contract, but I think she will be happy with her red Curve.  

No comments:

My  Blog is Still Here...Where am I? My last blog entry was in January 2021, yet my blog is  still here.  I've seen too many blog posts ...